Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] MARBUX POINT OF ORDER, OBJECTION, AND SUGGESTIONS No. 1

marbux/Paul,

While the problems you've listed are recognizable, I think your suggestions are inoperable: the rules of OASIS seem pretty clear, and we cannot convene committees to discuss a framework of debate for the production of a charter for a committee to discuss interop. There are 90 days (80 now?), and for the most part the only item of any real debate is going to be around deliverables. I suggest we focus on the task at hand and make the best of it - not to say we can't make improvements, but let's all be aware this is temporary, time-limited and it's not worth getting hung up on process.

I read your comment about CDF previously but did not respond. If you're serious about CDF being part of the deliverables, perhaps you could explain:

1. why a compound profile is at all relevant for interop studies of a _single_ standard (ODF)?
2. why a method of specifying ODF in compound with another standard has any impact on interop and/or conformance?
3. what would ODF need to be in compound with?

Thanks.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.