Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] MARBUX POINT OF ORDER, OBJECTION, AND SUGGESTIONS No. 1

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Rob van Son <r.j.j.h.vanSon@uva.nl> wrote:

> And more, where ever did you get the insane idea that ODF was fixated in
> the OO.o codebase? You might not be a software developer, but everything
> that can be coded can be coded in a different way. With the source
> available and NO patents, there really is nothing that prevents anyone
> with some resources to reimplement the complete OO.o codebase (which
> would be insane anyway).

I would have considered answer your questions had you not accused me
of insanity. I have spent more than four years full-time investigating
both the facts and the law in regard to ODF and OOXML and am a former
member of the ODF TC. You sir, very obviously have not even read the
ODF conformance section or the Annex I to the ISO/IEC/JTC 1
Directives. E.g., international standards must "clearly and
unambiguously specify the conformity requirements essential to achieve
the interoperability."
<http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/2489/186491/186605/AnnexI.html>.

You might try posing some more informed, thoughtful, and polite
questions after you have read and thought about those two sections.
You got off to a very bad start with me. I am not here to educate
people who make no effort to familiarize themselves with the subject
matter.

Best regards,

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--