Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Which is definitive odf?

marbux wrote:
2c60d980806170250y7ead55c6r7004f9ba52bb8abe@mail.gmail.com" type="cite">
For the government market, the most recent official version of ODF is
ISO/IEC 26300.

-1

I take it that you're meaning ISO ODF 1.0 vs. OASIS ODF 1.1 and the 1.2 drafts. Governments already recognise non-ISO standards (the obvious example is HTML from the W3C as required in e.govt.nz's Web Standards 1.0). The MIOS document from the South African Government refers to OASIS specifically by saying "Open Document Format (ODF) v1.0 (ISO26300) and later Oasis versions (OASIS/ISO)" (emphasis mine).

Further, accessibility is a matter of equality and so for most governments this would mean favouring ODF 1.1 or later, because ODF 1.1 had useful accessibility features that were lacking in 1.0.

I do believe that we should work against trunk (read: the ODF 1.2 drafts) especially considering that it will likely be done by the time that we are. This does not exclude noting which version(s) of ODF a particular test were derived from such as "1.0", "1.1", "1.2 drafts", etc..

--
.Matthew Holloway
http://Docvert.org << Docvert 3.4 released two hours ago!