Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Thread cutting...

Gary,
    The former, of course.  :-D  I was trying to see what was proposed and what was agree upon.  This list is prolific - I wake up at 4:00 MTS and find 19 emails in my inbox just from this list.  It's great to see the interest and activity, but it's a bit overwhelming for this old, retired person.

Craig A. Eddy
Tyche

Hurley, Garry (L&I - OIT) wrote:
> Which were you trying to do, keep up with the thread or forward marbux's emails to the 'deleted items' folder? :D
>
> Garry L. Hurley Jr.
> Application Developer 2
> Office of Information Technology - Bureau of Application Development
> PA Department of Labor & Industry
> 651 Boas Street, Harrisburg, PA 17121
> Phone: 717.506.9373 (UCMS) or 717.346.9799 (Harrisburg)  Fax: 717.506.0798  Mobile: 717.649.0597
> www.dli.state.pa.us <http://www.dli.state.pa.us>
>

> My comments do not reflect those of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, its various agencies and departments, or its citizens.  They are my own, and may or may not be shared by those in positions of authority over me.

+1
I have been trying something like this, for my own amazement, but am
having limited results.  Would it be possible to create some form of
encapsulation?  Perhaps on the
http://sites.google.com/a/odfiic.org/tc/Home site, so we can see what
has already been decided and what is still up in the air?

Thanks,

Craig A. Eddy
Tyche

Hurley, Garry (L&I - OIT) wrote:
> All:

> I have been trying very hard to keep up with the threads here.  I think
I am doing a pretty good job, once I set up that mail rule to send
marbux's emails to the deleted items folder (just kidding, for now :D).
Seriously, though, sometimes threads have seemed to stray quite a bit
from their original topic, with the replies and comments on the replies
(I am probably just as guilty of it) some threads have gone so far
off-topic nobody can remember what the topic meant.  For example, what
does "The importance to users of documents looking the same" have to do
with whether IBM or Microsoft is trying to get things their way?  And do
I really need to read a twenty-page text on what you think is wrong with
the world as it is?  All I am asking is, Rob, can you cut some threads
here?  You are the discussion leader, and since  some threads are so far
off-topic, it might be nice if you reined us in a bit, so we can stay
on-topic.  As it is, I have to read all of the threads, just in case
someone posts something in the wrong thread.
> Can we organize the threads a bit better people?  Please?  That way I
can look at what is important to me and ignore the rest.