Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Profiles -- How much to detail in thecharter?

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> You can certainly put something like this in the deliverables
> section: "The TC will review current practices pertaining to the
> development of profiles for interoperability and produce a report
> that includes a recommendation of best practices for the OIIC TC, as
> well as a prioritized list of profiles to create."

Where's the reference to the use-cases we would write? Or can we only
point to the use-cases outside the charter?

The problem with the term "current practices" to me is that there's
really no existing standard on creating interoperability profiles or
subset profiles (CDRF isn't such a standard. I agree with that now).

What I'm gunning for os a bit like "extreme programming" is in software
development. Create something from a set of use-cases instead of from a
set of formal requirements, giving the programmer much more freedom to
figure out how the application should work in order to do what it should do.

--
Sander Marechal