Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Profiles: suggested use-cases

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Sander Marechal <s.marechal@jejik.com> wrote:

> Please, write more use-cases. Comment on these. Expand them. Speak up if
> you disagree with them.

I disagree with the use case approach starting from a blank slate.
We'd have to in effect write use cases for just about everything CDRF
already requires (other than the parts about forming new compound
document formats) and then create use cases for the elaborations we
want.

I would rather see Rob respond to the technical merits of what I
proposed rather than just asking for a check signed in blank. I'm way
behind on reading the email, but I have yet to see an objection to my
CDRF proposal that addresses its technical merit. I haven't seen
anything from Rob yet that even implies that round-trip interop is a
goal we can agree on. Rob seems to be working very hard to avoid
discussing the technical merit of any proposal that puts interop on
the list of deliverables. He seems to want a check signed in blank for
the new TC without interop anywhere in the charter other than in the
name of the TC.

Until we get agreement that interop goes on the list of deliverables
and Rob starts talking about the technical  merits of interop
proposals, I don't think we're going to make any progress. .

Best regards,

Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)

--
Universal Interoperability Council