Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Profiles: suggested use-cases

marbux wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Sander Marechal <s.marechal@jejik.com> wrote:
>> Please, write more use-cases. Comment on these. Expand them. Speak up if
>> you disagree with them.
>
> I disagree with the use case approach starting from a blank slate.
> We'd have to in effect write use cases for just about everything CDRF
> already requires (other than the parts about forming new compound
> document formats) and then create use cases for the elaborations we
> want.

Have you read my use-cases? Read the second one again, then read CDRF
again. There's nothing like it in the CDRF spec. As Simon and other
people have already pointed out to you, there's nothing in CDRF that
tells a subset application how to deal with a document from the
superset. It only tells superset applications how to deal with the
subset (and that's in my first use-case).

--
Sander Marechal