Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Profiles: suggested use-cases

2008/6/22 marbux <marbux@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You suggest an interpretation of a profile (some subset of the schema), but
>> then go on (too far IMHO) to say what you want an app to do with the profile?
>> They go beyond the current ODF spec, addressing how an ODF application
>> should treat some subset of ODF? Hence are an extension to the spec.
>

> Dave, do you see any way of working out of the ODF interop mess
> without going beyond the current ODF spec, filling in the holes and
> specifying the application behavior necessary to achieve the interop?

Yes. Working with the spec.

1. Rigorously determine the untestable parts of the spec.
   Report back to the main TC asking for a fix.
2. From the testable items, provide the test definitions.
The testing of ODF remains incomplete pending
  resolution (clarity perhaps) from the main TC.

> I'm not sure I understand your point here.

I want to stay within the ODF standard.
(For the first iteration)