Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Proposed Use case -- Interoperability invertical and horizontal ODF markets

marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote on 06/28/2008 03:59:25 PM:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:28 AM,  <Andrew.Updegrove@gesmer.com> wrote:
>
> x--snip--x
>
> You're appealing to the ignorance of the crowd, Andy, not talking to me.

As a matter of fact, Paul, I am speaking to you, although you're not hearing me.

There was a time when you were a respected, valued member of a community with whom you shared common goals, ideals and visions.  I've shared many enjoyable emails with that Paul Merrell, and when people began telling me that you were behaving this way on other lists, I was surprised and tried to defend you.

The Paul Merrell on this list is a bullying, deceptive person that believes that his agenda is the only agenda that merits anyone's attention, that his beliefs are the only ones that matter, that everyone owes infinite time to doing exactly what he wants, that has no time to even read the opinions of others.  In short, that's totally lost touch with reality.

The reason I've been crossing swords with you here is because I still believe in ODF, and I find bullies to be personally offensive.  Your behavior here has been inexcusable, your legal pronouncements have been unhinged, and you've been standing in the way of important work, deliberately seeking to intimidate people from doing what needs to be done for the good of all.

Paul, what's happened to you?  You've lost your bearings, and are destined to simply be kicked off of list after list until everyone knows that you're a pariah, and no one will listen to you at all.

Is this what you want?

Andy

> Best regards,
>

> Paul E. Merrell, J.D. (Marbux)
>
> --
> Universal Interoperability Council
> <http:www.universal-interop-council.org>
Any tax information or written tax advice contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.  (The foregoing legend has been affixed pursuant to U.S. Treasury Regulations governing tax practice.)

Electronic mail from Gesmer Updegrove LLP, 40 Broad Street, Boston, MA 02109. Voice: (617) 350-6800, Fax: (617) 350-6878.  This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee.  It may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient or such recipient's employee or agent, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify Christopher O'Sullivan at  (617) 350-6800 and notify the sender by electronic mail.  Please expunge this communication without making any copies.  Thank you for your cooperation.