Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] My perspective. Extensions

On Monday 30. June 2008 10:03:55 Peter Dolding wrote:
> Misses a critical one.  Where do you draw the line.
>
> How long before we have a undocumented mess of private application
> additions.  As a testing conformance undocumented messes cannot be
> tolerated.

I honestly think the above can be answered quite simple; at specific points in
the specification we can add foreign properties and we can ask the
implementation to store those unchanged.
Naturally an ODF with <foo:bar>  or <bar:baz> doesn't know either and it
typically can preserve neither, or both.

So, IMOHO the drawing of the line is as simple as "implementation X preserves
foreign properties at position Y in the spec, or not".

--
Thomas Zander

This is a digitally signed message part.