Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] My perspective. display perferct?

Hi Alexander, (I'm mostly a lurker too)

> To store formatted information and pictures?
> To represent a document in a typographically perfect way?

Pixel precision may not be achievable but that doesn't mean that we
should have pointless and unnecessary variation. It's a goal that may
never be reached (without identical codebases, as Thomas Zander says)
but on the way to achieving it I'm sure we'll turn up useful examples of
unnecessary variation that should be ironed out. To me there's a world
of difference between arbitrary or accidental variation (which
unfortunately exists between many office suites) and intentional
differences, and we should be identifying the former.

--
.Matthew Holloway
http://holloway.co.nz/