Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] My perspective. display perferct?

2008/6/30  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:
> "David Gerard" <dgerard@gmail.com> wrote on 06/30/2008 10:56:20 AM:

>> As I said, saying "they're wrong to want this" doesn't stop them wanting
>> this.

> Right.  But they also want rich creamy ice cream with no calories, zero
> unemployment with no inflation, money without work, and love without
> consequences.  I can't stop them from wanting it all.  Having wants beyond
> needs is part of the human condition.

They're really not comparable cases. Insulting trivialisations
probably won't convince anyone, oddly enough. (I know , who'da thunk
it?)

You ignore this particular want at your peril and that of the
application independence of ODF.

In this case it's something definable. There should be at least a
definition possible, outlining what's possible and not and why.

- d.