Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Code walkthrough

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 07/01/2008 11:21:56 AM:

> Reading (possibly commercial )code IMHO is out of scope for the TC.

But again, we're not the ones who run the tests, right?  We're just defining the test.   So you are really not stating anything new, since we already have consensus (I believe) on the TC not being the ones who execute the tests.

In any case although I do not prefer test cases that can only be verified by code inspection, I do not agree with the assertion that they are for this reason untestable.  A third-party testing lab could certainly arrange to have access to the code.  And with self-certification, a vendor themselves could verify.

-Rob