Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft Interoperability and ConformanceTC formation proposal (0.2)

Dave,

I don't normally even acknowledge this sort of thing, but....

Dave Pawson wrote:
> 2008/7/24  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:

<snip>
>> It is fair to let you know that I intend to move this forward into a formal
>> proposal for a new TC soon, well before the 90 day period of the discussion
>> list has expired.
>>

> IOW you really didn't need the input from this group at all?
>
> Others please note. Rob has no need of consensus from this group
> according to the (lack of ) Oasis process for TC formation.

Isn't there enough of a lack of civility and common courtesy in the
discussions around OOXML to satisfy everyone in the ODF "camp?"

This sort of comment isn't going to advance the discussion of a charter
for the proposed "Interoperability and Conformance TC."

But, then I don't think abusing people who work for IBM is any more
likely to lead to useful discussion than abusing anyone else.

It isn't brave, clever or whatever labels the self-anointed saviors of
the world choose to apply to themselves.

It is, in a word, noise. Nothing more or less.

Otherwise hopeful that everyone is looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net