Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft Interoperability and Conformance TC formation proposal (0.2)

On Saturday 26 July 2008 04:38 am, Shawn wrote:
> robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> > You cannot read the charter effectively absent a knowledge of how OASIS
> > runs and the terminology OASIS uses for describing its own processes.
> > The confusion I've seen so far is from people trying to substitute their
> > own
>
> I don't see how this response is intended to encourage community
> involvement.  Sure, there are rules and regs.  But if you ask for the
> community to comment, you can't expect ALL of them to know ALL the
> rules... :)

Actually, yes he can.

And he has made this clear repeatedly throughout the list, with explicit
references to the rules. He has made it easy for us to find the complete
texts for those rules.  Groundrules are necessary for any group to work
effectively, so that time and effort are not wasted.

There's an old computer saying that applies here:  RTFM!