Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft Interoperability and Conformance TC formation proposal (0.3)

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 6:21 AM,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> 2.      Authoring or distributing source code or executables that test the
> conformance or interoperability of ODF implementations.  Note: This
> prohibition should not be read as preventing the TC from writing scripts
> or macros in ODF documents where such code is necessary to test provisions
> of the ODF standard specifically related to scripts or macros.

Ok this will most likely never make me happy.   Lot closer.  I always
have issues with complete walling something off.

"2.      Authoring or distributing source code or executables that test the
 conformance or interoperability of ODF implementations if any other
option exists to perform test like ODF macros.  Note anything
documented as part of the ODF specification is not classed as
executables or source code in context to this line."

Doors left slightly open in case its needed.  Of course we prefer if
its not need.   Also a more general protection clause so we are not
caught out by standard changes.  Like this here must be able to run a
program or something like that.

Peter Dolding