Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Draft Interoperability and Conformance TCformation proposal (0.3)

"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote on 07/27/2008 02:08:43 AM:

> 1. Scope.
> Lists activities and deliverables.
> Is self contradictory
> Rather 'open ended'? Effectively says 'the TC can do anything'

Please point out the contradiction.  I assert that the scope statement
lists only activities. Surely activities aimed at the production of
deliverables, but activities nevertheless.

You say the scope is open-ended and allows the TC to do anything.  And
Peter things that scope is too narrow and would prevent the TC from doing
useless and necessary things.  It sounds like I've found the proper middle
ground.

> 2. Deliverables.
>  Dates provided which  are ... unlikely to be met.
>  Ignore the work of this group.

I will ignore all schedule estimates, including my own, until we know who
will actually be a member of the TC.  Once I have that list, the charter
members will have a teleconference to go over the charter and make any
necessary changes to the charter.  It will be natural to change the dates
for the deliverables based on the actually number and interests of the
charter members.

> 2d Are you incorrect Rob?
>
> "m. 'Minimum Membership' means five Voting Members of a TC (or, in the
> case of a TC about to be formed, five Eligible Persons), at least two
> of which represent OASIS Organizational Members."
> <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2008-06-19.php#definitions
>.

Yes, my parenthetical comments were incorrect.  The initial membership
requires 2, not 3 OASIS organizational members.  I think we will have 5 or
6 different OASIS member organizations signing up, along with individual
members.

> Very little improvement and not acceptable.

Do you care to offer any concrete suggestions for changes?  The door is
closing.  General statements of "not acceptable" will have zero influence
on the charter.  I can promise you that much.  But there still is
opportunity to make concrete suggestions.

-Rob