oodf-board message

Subject: Fwd: OMF: Bylaw change proposal

And here for our files is the original query and (Google Docs) draft.
James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaboration

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael Schnuerle <michael@openmobilityfoundation.org>
Date: Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 3:22 PM
Subject: OMF: Bylaw change proposal
To: Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, Jascha Franklin-Hodge <jascha@openmobilityfoundation.org>

Hello Jamie,

We are proposing some bylaw changes to the OMF Board and I wanted to get your feedback on it in general, legally, and specifically if you see any issues or impacts on the rest of the bylaws. It's about allowing a shorter release approval process, if needed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OJToqLbzHqlwEa0_BM4ZPpkrRwB_Md7Rp6QFFWhMSZ8/edit#

We've previewed it with the Board last month, and the response was generally favorable all around, and want to get their officialÂ75% yes vote at the next board meeting. Members will have theirÂ"written notice of the proposed action, in reasonable detail, is posted to the Members of the Foundation for consultative purposes at least 14 days prior to the Board vote."

Thanks,

Michael Schnuerle
Director of Open Source Operations