oodf-board message

Subject: Fwd: Draft Offer Letter and NDA

Just to double check for OODF, see attached.Â

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Cathie Mayo <cathie.mayo@oasis-open.org>
Date: Mon, May 2, 2022 at 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: Draft Offer Letter and NDA
To: ANDREW GLASS <andrewgh@comcast.net>
Cc: Seleta Reynolds <seleta.reynolds@lacity.org>, Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>, Madou, Ramses <ramses.madou@sanjoseca.gov>, Angela Giacchetti <angela@openmobilityfoundation.org>, <oodf-board@lists.oasis-open.org>

Good morning Andrew,Â

Welcome aboard! ÂIt's nice to meet you (virtually).ÂÂ
I am the HR liaison here at OASIS and I also serve as the HR Liaison for both OASIS Open Development Foundation LLCÂ
and Open Mobility Foundation. Hopefully I can answer most of your questions.

First, let me provide further details on the current Benefits package offered.Â

Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, as well as Life Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability.ÂÂ
Coverage begins on the first day of your employment, there is no waiting period. Â
These premiums are currently paid 100% by the organization. Medical plans are based on your location,Â
I have attached a summary of the plans available for you to review. ÂUnited Health Care for Dental and VSP for Vision.Â

We also offer a 401K, with a 100% match of the first 3% of the employee contribution, 50% of the next 2% of the contribution,Â
with a maximum contribution of 4% by the organization.Â

Attached you will also find the Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy, I will be sending you the entire Employee Handbook shortly.

You are an employee of OASIS Open Development Foundation, LLC.ÂÂ
OODF hosts several foundations, one of which is OMF, which acts similar to a DBA.ÂÂ
Open Mobility Foundation will be responsible for your employment and compensation,Â
meaning all costs associated with your employment are the obligation of OMF.ÂÂ
One role of the OODF Board of Managers is to ensure foundations are fiscally sustainable.ÂÂ
I have attached a copy of the Host LLC, you can also find further information hereÂFoundations.

- In #6 the letter says OODF can terminate my employment, but the first paragraph of the letter also states I report to the OMF Board.Â
Can the OODF terminate employment over the direction of the OMF Board?ÂÂ
ÂIt would have to be a very unlikely event for this to happen, OODF is here to assist foundations operate not to impede their progress.Â
Â(Scott, Jamie or Chet may have other insights as well).
- #6 also states that any changes in this employment agreement must be approved by the OODF Board. Does this mean any future salary changesÂ
must be approved by the OMF Board AND are subject to approval by the OODF Board? What if the OODF Board disagrees?ÂÂ
ÂSalaries/Compensation are part of the budgeting/forecasting process and OMF must remain financially sustainable.ÂÂ
ÂOMF can not spend what they do not have and that is part of the oversight of OODF.Â
-In #7 the letter states a 90-day probation period. What does this mean?ÂSince the position is at-will to begin with, why is a âprobation periodâ defined?
 This is standard language in all offer letters.Â
- In #7 the letter states that OODF has been informed by OMF Board that it intends to "engage you for a term of twelve monthsâ.ÂWhy is this time period stated?
 This has been removed, it was related to the prior position.Â

I hope this helps. I have attached a revised offer letter dated 5/2/2022 to remove the "twelve month term".
Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.ÂÂ

Best,Â
CathieÂ