oodf-board message

Subject: Re: OMF Summit

Comments inserted below and in the attached markup.
I bring this up because we will be securing sponsors to cover the cost of the event, which is estimated to be $30K.
We anticipate sponsorships fully off-setting the costs.

I'd expect a budget behind that estimate, disclosed to the OMF Board, to justify the expenditures and projections, as well as a contract with CoMotion. (Nice folks, very professional, very thematically appropriate but not a charity. Even if it were cost-free there would be other terms and conditions -- a liability, data sharing, confirmation of the date, time and space, etc. On CoMotion:
Questions for youâ
- Can you please review the attached sponsorship agreement and note any suggested edits?

Done and attached.ÂÂ
- Will the processing of sponsorship payments work the same process as member dues - the sponsor submits a signed sponsor agreement, I send that to OASIS and OASIS sends an invoice for payment to the sponsor?

Leaving that for Cathie to answer. Obviously, if payment does not proceed the event, she needs to be satisfied that each agreement is signed and has enough detail to be "bookable."
regards Jamie

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaborationÂ