op-advisory-council message

Subject: OP Advisory Council suggested meeting dates and topics

Members of the Open Projects Advisory Council,

Our bad! We've allowed the cadence of meetings to slip. Our last meeting was September when we talked about emerging license questions and practices and the Open Strategy working group.

We would like to schedule two upcoming meetings to get our consultations with you restarted.

We have a few topics to propose and, of course, please let us know which interest you and/or what else you'd like to discuss. Your opinion matters!

First, dates/times: We suggest a call on Monday, May 9th and the next on June 27 to return us to a regular cadence of the last Monday of each quarter. Proposed time is 15:00 UTC/5:00 PM CET/11:00 AM EDT/8:00 AM PDT. Please let us know if these do or don't work for you. I'll confirm or seek alternatives when I've heard back.

Here are topics we would like to share. Please feel free to suggest others or suggest changes to these.

- First, of course, an update on the search for a new Executive Director. We'd like to fill you in on how we're using this as an opportunity to find the person who will scale us up. We want to share the approach being taken and get your feedback.

- Second, a review by Carol Geyer or Dee Schur on our updated service level documentation. We have put this together in response to *numerous* questions from prospects. Dee says she'll be furiously taking notes on your thoughts about it; what it may need, how it compares with other organizations, etc.

At the June meeting, we are thinking:

- Lightening round Q&A on a few of our current Open Projects: EEA Community Projects (home of the Baseline project), Open Cybersecurity Alliance (OCA), OriginBX, Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC), REasoning for Conversation and Information Technology Exchange (RECITE), and possibly our newest project, NIEM (the former National Information Exchange Model). We'd likely feature 3 or 4 in a 3 mine presentation/3 minute Q&A format).

- Our plans to overhaul the supporting documentation. We've been seeing more and more holes in the documents that support projects once they get started: templates, how-to documents, recommended procedures and practices, etc. We have started addressing these with a series of sprints. We'd like to go over this with you and get your advice. We'd also like to discuss how you might get involved.

Thanks very much. Please let me know if this works. We look forward to getting back together with you all.

/chetÂ

--

ChetÂEnsign

Chief Technical Community Steward