openc2-actuator message

Subject: Actuator Specifiers in the context of Conformance section

All,

I am in the process of drafting the conformance section of the SLPF.  The approach I am trying is a traceablity matrix up front followed by a numbered list of criteria for the producers and consumers.  Do some violence with your red pens.

I was just getting to the point where I was going to address actuator specifiers and the following occurred to me;

The actuator specifier is used to identify the entity(ies) that will execute the command to whatever level of precision is needed.
IF you had a bunch of tunnels, a true OOB that were pvc's or even a star of https connections, then the orchestrator knows who it is sending the command to and the actuator knows who they are, so it seems to me that implementation of the actuator specifier part of the schema should be OPTIONAL.

In the context of a pub sub, interdomain or an OpenDXL, I get it.  The actuator specifier(s) are going to be required, but can we have an actuator that does implement the specifiers and still call it a conformant product?

Thank you and please advise

VR

Joe Brule