openc2-actuator message

Subject: SLPF Profile: Additional Calls for Objection

All,

I am systematically going through the SLPF to resolve comments/ accept/ reject changes.  I want to address the 'easier' matters first.   I have five items to consider in this email.

ONE:  References.
TWO:  Acknowledgments (check to see if I missed anyone and/or corrections needed)
THREE:  Need the path for OASIS standard actuator profiles
FOUR:  Add the asset-tuple specifier which is a list of up to ten strings
FIVE:  Change all the ‘=INT’ to ‘=<integer>’ to make it consistent with the document conventions

MORE DETAILS ABOUT ITEM ONE:  References:  Here is the list of normative references I can think of (for SLPF).  Let me know if we need to add more and/or move some of these to the non normative references:    I also have a general question.  If some of the normative references are already listed in the language Spec, then can we simply have the language spec and the other references will be 'imported' or whatever?

[RFC2119]
Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, DOI 10.17487/RFC2119, March 1997, http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2119.
[RFC8174]
Leiba, B., "Ambiguity of Uppercase vs Lowercase in RFC 2119 Key Words", BCP 14, RFC 8174, DOI 10.17487/RFC8174, May 2017, http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8174.
[RFC8259]
Bray, T., "The _javascript_ Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format", December 2017, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8259 .
[RFC1123]
Author, T., "Requirements for Internet Hosts", October 1989. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1123 .
[RFC4291]
Hinden, R.,  Deering S. , T., "IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture ", February 2006, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4291 .
[RFC2673]
Crawford, M., "Binary Labels in Domain Name System", August 1999, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2673.
[RFC3339]
Kline, G., "Date and Time on the Internet: Timestamps", July 2002, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3339.
[RFC5237]
Arkko, J.,  Erricsson, S. , "IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Protocol Field", February 2008, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5237 .
[OASIS LANGUAGE SPEC] need full citation

The only non normative reference I can think of is the transfer spec.  Others?

======

Misc note:  I made a call for objections for the following items.  No objections were identified so the changes were made:

ONE:  Front Matter:  Look on page three of the SLPF or look at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UE2v84sUUD25VTYgmsqWJA4JARxyplA85n7UOSCQ6Tw/edit to see the front matter all three of the draft specifications.

Please note, I added the phrase "Cyber defense components, devices, systems and/or instances may (in fact are likely) to implement multiple actuator profiles..."  Then the last sentence in section 1.1 I added "Though Ccyber defense components, devices, systems and/or instances may implement multiple  may implement multiple actuator profiles, a particular OpenC2 message may at most reference a single actuator profile.  The scope of this document is limited to SLPF. "

TWO:  Three to 40 characters for a property name (vice 250 characters)

THREE:  Document Overview (section 1.4 on page 10 of the SLPF).
Did not know what else to do with it so stated the scope of each section

FOUR:  Acks.  I wrote the following:
"The Actuator Profile Subcommittee was tasked by the OASIS Open Command and Control Technical Committee (OpenC2 TC) which at the time of this submission, had 132 members.  The editor's wish to express their gratitude to the members of the OpenC2 TC.
The following individuals are acknowledged for providing comments, suggested text and/or participation in the SLPF CSD ballots: "

FIVE:
Addition of 'asset_tuple' as a specifier (page 18)