openc2-actuator message

Subject: SLPF Comment Resolution: Format of references and cross check normative vs non-normative

All,

The TAB made a comment during the public review:  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/openc2-comment/201812/msg00009.html
Paul Knight made a comment during the public review:  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/openc2-comment/201811/msg00001.html
Joe Brule made a comment during the public review:  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/openc2-comment/201811/msg00020.html
These comments had to do with the references section of the packet filter specification.
Paul Knight identified that some of the references listed as normative were not called out, therefore non-normative
The TAB identified that the format of the references was not correct
Joe Brule identified that we were missing two non normative references (IACD by Herring and Willett)
The github issues that are related to this matter are:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-apsc-stateless-packet-filter/issues/28
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-apsc-stateless-packet-filter/issues/38

I attempted to resolve the comment with the following change:  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-apsc-stateless-packet-filter/pull/49

There is a bit of a nuance:  The original RFC referenced was RFC2673, which has been superseded by 6891.

If you object to the wording in the pull request, please provide your comments via email or via the github issue.
Barring any objections, I would like to report to the TC that the SC recommends this resolution

Thank you

VR

Joe Brule
Engineering (Y2D122)
FNX-3, B4A335
410.854.4045
'Adnius ad retinedam puritem noster peciosus corporalis fluidorum...'
I welcome VSRE emails.  Learn more at http://vsre.info/