openc2-actuator message

Subject: SLPF Comment Resolution: JADN as Normative

All,

Duncan Sparrell made a comment on July 20, 2018 via github issues.
The issue is located at https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-apsc-stateless-packet-filter/issues/10
The gist of the issue is that the tables (vice schema) should be authoritative

The attempted resolution of this one has been a 'dynamic'.  In the summer face to face, we decided that the body of the specification is normative, (not the annex).
The issue came back when we noted an OASIS rule that in the event of a conflict between the tables and separate text files, then the schema is authoritative
The issue got complicated some more when comments  came in on the language spec stating that the JADN concept needed to be explained further.

May I suggest that this subcommittee yields its time to the language topic and modify the SLPF in accordance with the TC's guidance?

Thank you

VR

Joe Brule
Engineering (Y2D122)
FNX-3, B4A335
410.854.4045
'Adnius ad retinedam puritem noster peciosus corporalis fluidorum...'
I welcome VSRE emails.  Learn more at http://vsre.info/