openc2-actuator message

Subject: Preparing for the Face to Face: Actuator profile Subcommittee section

Actuator Profile Subcommittee,

At the last monthly meeting, the Technical Committee tasked the editors of the specifications to assist in planning the agenda for the Face to Face.    The scope of the tasking is to provide a listing of the comments to be resolved and approximate time required for discussion.

REQUEST:  Please comment on the topics and time estimates for the Face to Face agenda.  It would be especially beneficial if you could look at the CRM spreadsheet and github issues and provide comments in advance.

PROPOSED Actuator Profile Agenda:  (Bottom Line Up Front: )

Actuator Profile Subcommittee Public Review Comments:
Actuator Profile Subcommittee Way Forward:

Here is my logic or lack thereof to come up with the proposed agenda:

A spreadsheet was created (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mflX4n6XqZFWnOlw8wc4QxEWVAJJWQLxGHq415A4Qis/edit#gid=0 ) that lists issues and provides a link to the email that generated the issue, a link to an issue on github and a pull request that attempts to resolve the issue.  I would like to put the pull request in perspective, the pull requests are simply a suggestion or an attempt to resolve the comment and request that you do violence with your red pens.

Please refer to the spreadsheet and/or the flurry of emails I sent out over the past couple days.

The following issues are 'mechanical' in nature.  That is to say, they involve typos, wording, cross checking references etc.  I estimate that the following issues will take less than ten minutes each to resolve and consensus via email would be ideal.  I would like to allocate approximately 15 minutes at the F2F. This is achievable if we can agree on most of these via email.

The following issues actually impact the Language Specification.  I believe we can resolve these quickly, but the actual resolution is subject to how a related issue in the Language specification is resolved.   I would like to allocate 30 minutes at the F2F.  We will need some time to determine the best way to incorporate, but much of this will be influenced in the language spec discussions, so it seems logical to avoid redundancy.

The following issues pertain to how the documents relate to the Actuator Profile.  I would like to allocate 15 to 30 minutes at the F2F.

The following issues relate to the conformance section of the specification.  I would like to allocate 45 minutes at the F2F

The following issues were identified prior to the Public Review, but were not closed.  I would like to allocate 30 minutes at the F2F

Thank you

VR

Joe Brule
Engineering (Y2D122)
FNX-3, B4A335
410.854.4045
'Adnius ad retinedam puritem noster peciosus corporalis fluidorum…'
I welcome VSRE emails.  Learn more at http://vsre.info/