openc2-imple message

Subject: RE: Discussion at F2F for the beyond-JSON issue

The current Specification, named “Stateless Packet Filter”, is actually “Stateless Packet Filter encodes in JSON”. That’s OK, the name does not need to match exactly.

So along the way we have created general rules for encoding OpenC2 in JSON. It is likely that each of these rules should be identical for other encodings in JSON. We should not have a different specification for how, say. the X-Correlation-ID is crafted.

A perhaps revealing question is what might something different be.

  1. If we create “SLPF in COAP” or “SLPF in XML”, do any of the lexical elements change? Cardinality elements change? Anything else?
  2. If we create a more multicast version of SLPF (Addressed to a CIDR or to list of addresses, or to a fabric), what relation does it have to the current specification?

We are coming close to stating rules for conforming specifications, a topic  that was shot down at the last F2F.

tc