openc2-imple message

Subject: QuicTransport

Stumbled across this while looking at news today:

Experimenting with QuicTransport

QuicTransport is a new API offering low-latency, bidirectional, client-server messaging. Learn more about its use cases, and how to give feedback about the future of the implementation.

https://web.dev/quictransport/

There's a brief FAQ in the article that compares QuicTransport to Websockets.

I recall at a recent meeting that John-Mark Gurney advised that QUIC is so tightly bound to HTTP/3 that it isn't a good candidate for OpenC2 message transfer. I don't know whether QuicTransport is a better fit, or whether we should look seriously at websockets, but thought this info might be interesting/useful to IC-SC members.

Dave

David Lemire

Systems Engineer

HII Mission Driven Innovated Solutions (HII-MDIS)

Technical Solutions Division

1557174172863_PastedImage

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182