openc2-imple message

Subject: Using MQTT for the Plug Fest

Regarding the use of MQTT as a transfer protocol for the plug fest, I propose that we define the newly posted WD04 of the MQTT Transfer Specification be our standard for the period from now through the October 28th plug fest event. That version can be viewed here:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/openc2-transf-mqtt/blob/v1.0_wd04/transf-mqtt-v1.0.md

This approach means using MQTT v3.1.1 clients and applying the concepts described in the specification for topics structure, message format, etc.  Any gaps in the spec should be addressed in the context of the plug fest, with the understanding that solutions developed there will be considered for later incorporation into the spec as it develops.  I also believe that most of the concepts within the MQTT spec could also be applied to using OpenDXL as a transfer protocol and we welcome feedback regarding that.

Post-plug fest I believe discussions about refining content type and message format for pub/sub protocols, and ways to harmonize our use of MQTT and OpenDXL would be relevant and useful.

Dave

David Lemire

Systems Engineer

HII Mission Driven Innovated Solutions (HII-MDIS)

Technical Solutions Division

1557174172863_PastedImage

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301) 575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182