openc2-lang message

Subject: RE: EXT :[openc2-lang] RE: SCAP 2.0 Monitoring Overlay Idea

General comment on Temporality , Causality, and re-invention of said ‘Wheel’:

Wouldn’t subsumption/adoption of Allen, et al, temporal principles as expressed in W3C OWL-Time (https://www.w3.org/TR/owl-time/) help lay the foundations for consistent Temporality & Causality representations across platforms/use cases?

Patrick Maroney

Principal –Cybersecurity

AT&T Chief Security Office

From: openc2-lang@lists.oasis-open.org <openc2-lang@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Lemire, Dave (HII-TSD)
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 10:02 AM
To: Considine, Toby <Toby.Considine@unc.edu>; duncan sfractal.com <duncan@sfractal.com>; Adam Montville <Adam.Montville@cisecurity.org>; openc2-lang <openc2-lang@lists.oasis-open.org>

Adam,

The proposal is written in terms of creating and distributing a file listing monitoring specifications in a structured format. Would it be acceptable to instead receive an OpenC2 command, structured similarly to the JSON example in the file?

Is the intent to direct this information at the Collector, the element provided the data, or both?

What's the expansion of "PCE"?

Dave

David Lemire

Systems Engineer

HII Mission Driven Innovated Solutions (HII-MDIS)

Technical Solutions Division

1557174172863_PastedImage

302 Sentinel Drive | Annapolis Junction, MD 20701

Work (301) 575-5190 | Mobile (443) 535-1182