Subject: OpenC2 Technical Committee Meetings

OpenC2 Technical Committee Members,

This email will address the following five items:

1) Update of Meeting Links  for Technical Committee and Subcommittee meetings.
2) December 12th Language SC meeting and December 13th Actuator Profile SC meeting
3) OpenC2 Face to Face , January 10 & 11, 2018, in Washington, DC
4) OpenC2 TC meeting to take place on December 20th
5) Leave of Absence Request for December 20th, OpenC2 TC Meeting.

Item 1:  Due to an issue with our remote collaboration tools, we need to update the meeting links for all our recurring TC and subcommittee meetings.  We are working on an alternative mechanism for remote collaboration. In the meantime, we will continue to utilize the mechanisms  we typically use in between our meetings (i.e.  Googledocs, Slack, email).

The preferred mechanism to update meetings within KAVI is to cancel a meeting then send out a new invitation rather than attempt to edit existing events. You will see a series of meeting cancellations, and in the near future you will see a series of new invitations (in the same timeslots). Please KEEP THE TIMESLOTS RESERVED.   We will provide updated on-line collaboration meeting links at the earliest possible juncture.

Item 2:  Next week's Language Subcommittee meeting (December 12) and Actuator Profile Subcommittee meeting (December 13) will take place as scheduled.   New calendar invitations will be provided for the reasons stated in Item 1.

Item 3: Please register for the OpenC2 Face to Face in Washington, DC on Jan 10-11. We've set up an Eventbrite event to track who is attending, either physically or remotely. For those attending physically, there will be some added demographic questions to help the AT&T Forum hosts.
The registration link is: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oasis-openc2-face2face-tickets-40840549182

Item 4:  Recall that OpenC2 has its monthly TC at 11:00 and 21:00 on the third Wednesday of the month.  The December meeting will fall on December 20th.  We will in fact have the December 20th meeting despite the fact that it is in close proximity to the holiday.  We need this meeting because of the pending Face to Face and we have members that want to form new open source repositories.

Item 5:  For those you are unable to join the December 20th OpenC2 TC, you may want to request a Leave of Absence (LOA) for December 20th.  Given the proximity of the next TC meeting to the holidays, we understand that it may not be possible for you to attend.  If you are not attending the December 20th TC and you want to request an LOA, you simply send an email to the TC mailing list stating:
 "In accordance with section 1.6 of the OASIS TC Process, I hereby request a leave of absence on December 20, 2017. "

A call for objections will be issued and your voting status will not be impacted.  Please note, theoretically objections could be raised and the LOA would not be granted, but I think the probability of that happening asymptotically approaches zero.

Thank you and we wish all a joyous holiday season!

Very Respectfully,
Joe Brule