Subject: Pending election for OpenC2 co-chairs

All,

Recall that we will have elections for half of the co-chairs on March 18.  The co-chair positions (and incumbent in parenthesis) that are up for election are:

All of the incumbents have been re-nominated and Duncan Sparrell has self-nominated for the current vacancy so we do in fact have sufficient leadership, HOWEVER the nomination period is still open and you are strongly encouraged to submit additional nominations.

The following is my opinion only and should not be viewed as some sort of official position, but please consider this:
I think we have a good framework.  If anyone gets overwhelmed, has a personal crisis or simply wants a break, then there is always a co-chair present to maintain the TC's tempo and distribute the workload.
Annual elections are in place so we have a means to infuse fresh perspectives and new ideas, but we have two year terms which provides continuity.

This is a good framework (in my opinion) and to realize the full benefit, we do in fact need the nominations.   As stated earlier, we have sufficient nominations, but I would welcome additional nominations.  I will point out that one of the chairs (Duncan) is actually preforming double duty.

Thank you and please consider.

VR

Joe Brule