Subject: OpenC2 Language Specification v2.0 - CSD01 now available (includes notes for Editors)

Members of the OpenC2 TC,

Your Committee Specification Draft for OpenC2 Language Specification v1.1 CSD01 is loaded and available.

Congratulations on getting started with this updated specification!

Since the material prepared by the TC was not based on a current OASIS document template (which is required for new numbered Versions of Work Products), we moved the specification body and Table of Contents into a current template. TC leaders reviewed and approved the updated markdown file.

Due to these changes, the published markdown file listed below (https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v2.0/csd01/oc2ls-v2.0-csd01.md) MUST be used (moved into your github repository, etc.) as the basis for future publications of Version 2.0 of this specification.

During preparation, we noted a few items which the TC and document Editors may consider addressing for future publication stages.
While the details are included in the publication JIRA ticket (https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-4282), a synopsis of remaining issues noted is:

- we had to insert some HTML code to make the very long lines wrap instead of continuing off the page, since they would be truncated in the PDF format. For examples, see Appendix C, C.3.2, C.3.3, and likely others. The TC may want to consider changing these "blockquote" text blocks into fixed-width preformatted text blocks (although we can continue to use the method we've applied here for future publications if needed).

- we noted an apparent editorial issue:
-- At 3 D under Appendix C.3.2, "Concatenate the JWS protected header and the JWS payload using with a period character to create our signing input.", there are two separate blockquotes.
-- It is not clear if these are expected to be displayed on separate lines. Â(HTML displays them as being one continuous string, while my markdown display shows separate lines.)
-- It is probably incorrect to insert a space character before the period character.
-- Also, it appears that the second blockquote is preceded by another space character in the HTML display.
-- The space characters are probably incorrect - see C.3.3 at 4 A - "Save the JWS signing Input (which is the initial substring of the JWS up until but not including the second period character)"

- In section 3.1.4, the TC has used a hyperlink for "acme.com", which should be replaced by "example.com", since there is an actual website at acme.com.

- Some internal cross-references are broken:
- In section 3.3.4, link to Annex A, Example 4.
- In 3.4.1.10 and 3.4.1.12, link to Section 3.4.2.10 (The intended target is now at 3.4.2.11).
- Section 4.1 link to 3.4.2.4 - now 3.4.2.F (??? - apparently intended to be 3.4.2.5)

- There are several outdated URIs which invoke redirection, and should probably be updated. These are listed in the link-checker output attached to the JIRA ticket at https://issues.oasis-open.org/secure/attachment/12032/link-check-issues-csd01.txt.

You can access the files here:

Open Command and Control (OpenC2) Language Specification Version 2.0
Committee Specification Draft 01

https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v2.0/csd01/oc2ls-v2.0-csd01.md
https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v2.0/csd01/oc2ls-v2.0-csd01.html
https://docs.oasis-open.org/openc2/oc2ls/v2.0/csd01/oc2ls-v2.0-csd01.pdf

Best regards,
PaulÂ
--
OASIS...Setting the standard for open collaboration