opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Minutes of the LSC conf-call on 6/2

Title: Minutes of the LSC conf-call on 6/2

  1. Roll Call

Simon Nash, Bryan Aupperle, Mike Edwards, Dave Booz, Sanjay Patil

2.      Scribe Assignment
Sanjay

3.      Agenda Bashing
Approved

4.      Approval of minutes of 5/19/2008
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00019.html
 Approved

5.       Issues
a.      Namespace for bindings and other extension points
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200804/msg00010.html
Discussion thread: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00009.html

Following motion passed unanimously: For elements used in SCDL file, all SCA TCs use the common
namespace and use fine grained namespaces post 1.1. Whenever an incompatible change is made
to the schema, a new rev of namespace is to be generated. Whenever a TC decides to make an incompatible change which affects the common namespace, they are obliged to inform all of the other TCs, via the Liaison committee - and that the Assembly TC is responsible for coordinating the change where it affects multiple TCs.

b.      Use of Schematron in SCA Specifications
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200804/msg00006.html
        Discussion on 5/5 conf-call: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00013.html
No discussion due to lack of time

c.      Getting schema document associated with a particular version of the spec
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00017.html
No discussion due to lack of time

6.      Next Call Schedule
Next call: 6/9 at 8 AM Pacific

7.      AOB
None

Mtg adjourned at 9 AM Pacific

Raw Chat Log:
Simon Nash: i'm unable to dial in from my hotel room

Sanjay: I am having difficulty in dialing in from hotel room too.

Simon Nash: have dialed by cell phone instead
Simon Nash: i get as far as entering the passcode

You initiated a private chat with: Simon Nash

Simon Nash: then it throws me out

Mike Edwards: I'm in using a IP phone off my computer

Simon Nash: we have Mike Bryan and me on the call
Simon Nash: Dave is not on but could join

Sanjay: I do not have a cell phone and having trouble joining in from the hotel room.

Simon Nash: not sure what we can do.. can the operator connect you?
Simon Nash: dave is on now

Sanjay: Agenda:
Sanjay: 1.Roll Call

2.Scribe Assignment

3.Agenda Bashing

4.Approval of minutes of 5/19/2008
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00019.html

5. Issues
a.Namespace for bindings and other extension points
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200804/msg00010.html

Discussion thread: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00009.html

b.Use of Schematron in SCA Specifications
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200804/msg00006.html

Discussion on 5/5 conf-call: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00013.html

c.Getting schema document associated with a particular version of the spec
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00017.html

6.Next Call Schedule

7.AOB
Sanjay: Bryan, Dave, Simon, MikeE, Sanjay
Sanjay: For elements used in SCDL file, all SCA TCs use the common
namespace and use fine grained namespaces post 1.1. Whenever an incompatible change is made
to the schema, a new rev of namespace is to be generated.

Mike Edwards: The Policy TC changes to do with External Attachment could well generate incompatible changes

Dave Booz: yes

Sanjay: m by Simon Nash: For elements used in SCDL file, all SCA TCs use the common
namespace and use fine grained namespaces post 1.1. Whenever an incompatible change is made
to the schema, a new rev of namespace is to be generated.
Sanjay: seconded by Bryan

Mike Edwards: I think the following:
Mike Edwards: 1) At 1.1 spec final ship time, we must ensure that there is a SINGLE namespace spanning all the SCA specs

Mike Edwards: 2) Prior to that time, if there are incompatible changes, a namespace change is needed.
Mike Edwards: 3) It would be best if ALL the specs moved their namespace at the same time
Mike Edwards: - if they are out of step, it will be hard work establishing what works with what

Sanjay: I don't think 3) is practical for the intermediate versions (pre 1.1)

Mike Edwards: this isn't 2119
Mike Edwards: since this is a set of standing rules for tcs
Mike Edwards: Assembly is the owner - we already decided that
Mike Edwards: Amendment: Whenever a TC decides to make an incompatible change which affects the common namespace, they are obliged to inform all of the other TCs, via the Liaison committee - and that the Assembly TC is responsible for coordinating the change where it affects multiple TCs

Sanjay: m: Mike Edwards, s: Bryan: Amendment: Whenever a TC decides to make an incompatible change which affects the common namespace, they are obliged to inform all of the other TCs, via the Liaison committee - and that the Assembly TC is responsible for coordinating the change where it affects multiple TCs

Sanjay: Amended motion: For elements used in SCDL file, all SCA TCs use the common
namespace and use fine grained namespaces post 1.1. Whenever an incompatible change is made
to the schema, a new rev of namespace is to be generated. Whenever a TC decides to make an incompatible change which affects the common namespace, they are obliged to inform all of the other TCs, via the Liaison committee - and that the Assembly TC is responsible for coordinating the change where it affects multiple TCs.

Sanjay: motion carried unanimously.

Mike Edwards: Thankss Sanjay

Sanjay: Next call: next week.
Sanjay: mtg adjourned at 9 am pacific.