opencsa-liaison message

Subject: RE: Quick update on DCR

Hi Chet,

Thanks for the update. Please copy the OpenCSA LSC list on these emails as the other SCA TC chairs might also be interested in this topic.

One quick comment on the proposal - While extending the DCR process to PRs might help, I think it still would not allow adjusting the references in post PR versions even if a TC can approve of such a change as safe!

Best wishes,
Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:16 AM
To: Patil, Sanjay; Mike Edwards; Anish Karmarkar; Simon Holdsworth; OASIS TAB
Subject: Quick update on DCR

Anish, Mike, Sanjay, Simon -

Just a quick status update. TC Admin and the TAB are going to discuss
our proposal for modifying DCR handling at our regular meeting next
Friday, 8/26. Key thing from your perspective is that we are
discussing extending the ability to make motions for DCR's to
approvals of Committee Specification/Note Drafts and approvals for
Public Reviews. I want to hold off on a detailed response to your
questions until we have had our discussion in order to ensure that I
give you the correct information. (Simon, you had a specific question
that I will answer separately - it is already covered by the current
TC Process.)

If you have any pressing issues that need to be handled now, please
let me know and we can get on the phone and discuss how to handle
them. Otherwise, I will send you the detailed response after our
meeting.

Best regards,

/chet
Chet Ensign