OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 10 Aug 2007

FINAL - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 10 August 2007 9:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                  Graham Barber, David Burke, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Apologies:                  Patrick Leonard, Mark Little.
OASIS Staff:                Dee Schur.
Identified Observers:       None.
Notes:                      Graham Barber.

1. Minutes Approval

- 27 Jul 2007:        Corrections:

                                - Typo: Replace "remit" with "limit",
                                - Duplicate agenda item 5 (& subsequent numbers thus incorrect).
                        Resolution: Passed as amended (Patil/Mischkinsky)- Unanimous.

2. Open Action Item Review

- Consider the requirement for an informal inter TC coordination group (Open Action Item #0005)
        - Jeff will discuss further options with OASIS Staff; Due Date reset to Plenary Week date.
- Potential use of Wiki pages (
Open Action Item #0006):
     - Graham has had follow-up conversation with Carol Geyer & will issues some notes for discussion; Due Date reset.

- Statement of Work review (
Open Action Item #0007):
        - On today's agenda.
- Plenary Week Host Company (
Open Action Item #0008):
        - Back-stop offer from TIBCO/SAP still exists; IBM still working to identify locations for Sep 17th week.
        - Will focus business sessions on Tues-Thurs.
        - Dee will communicate date to MS mailing list (and all OASIS Members if possible).
        - Due date reset.

3. Status of Proposed TC Charters from OSOA  

- Carol Geyer has issued OASIS Press Release; Graham Barber expressed concern on slow TC membership take-up; Jeff Mischkinsky stated that this was not unusual.

- Dee reported that Peter Roden had left OASIS, and asked that any information that Sanjay/Graham had sent him be resent to Dee.
- We noted that the first 7 day deadline for TC membership occurs on Aug 29th, just over 2 weeks away.

4. Work Plan Review

- Carried forward to a future meeting.

5. Any Other Business

- Mark Little has InfoWorld Conference (2 hour tutorial: 7-8 November) under control.

- Graham reported that he and Mark had agreed to use existing kavi MS pages for a "Clearing House" for Presentations:
        - New section on "Documents" page for Presentations being offered,
        - New Action Item to be raised (against Mark Little) for incoming speaker requests.
  Graham or Mark will document the same once operational.
- Dee recommended that we plan a series of educational webinars for SCA:
        New Action Item #0009: Plan a series of OASIS-sponsored educational webinars for SCA.
- Graham summarized IBM's plan for a set of vendor-neutral SCA/SDO half-day hands-on workshops and reiterated IBM's desire to broaden these by making them multi-vendor. IBM has initially funded 8-10, and would request that other vendors/members host further locations/dates in order to make this a multi-vendor program.
        New Action Item #0010: Multi-Vendor Roadshow Plan: Document further for Open CSA Member consideration.

6. Future SC Agenda Topics?

Not Discussed.

7. Forthcoming Vacation information?

Jeff Mischkinsky reported planned vacation for the next call on Friday 17th August.

8. Confirmation of next Teleconference

The next regular teleconference is at 9am PDT on Friday August 17th.

9. Closure

Resolution to Adjourn: Passed (Burke/Barber)- Unanimous.
Meeting closed, 9.50am PDT.

Future Agenda Items

Open Action Items.

Respectfully Submitted,
Graham Barber,


Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]