OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 14 Sep 2007

DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee Minutes - 14 September 2007 9:00 AM PDT

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

Attending:                  Graham Barber, David Burke, Patrick Leonard, Jeff Mischkinsky, Sanjay Patil, Michael Rowley.
Apologies:                  Mark Little.
OASIS Staff:                Dee Schur, Mary McRae.
Identified Observers:       Mario Antollini.
Notes:                      Graham Barber.
Agenda Items added:         None.

1. Minutes Approval

- 24 August 2007:        Resolution to Approve: Passed (Patil/Burke)- Unanimous.

2. Open Action Item Review

- Summary of Open Items Due:

        - Populate the Volunteer Presentations Database (Open Action Item #0011).
                - Discussion uncovered some confusion regarding whether volunteer "presenters" and/or "presentations" should be logged.
                - Inconclusive discussion concluded with a request that Mary/Dee investigate whether Carol Geyer's "Speakers Forum" could be a model.
                - AI reassigned to Dee Schur for next meeting on Sep 28th.

- Summary of Open Items Not Yet Due:
        - Propose some Rules for an Inter-TC Coordination Subcommittee (Open Action Item #0013)
                - Jeff Mischkinsky, Due Sep 24,
                - See Agenda Item #4 below.
        - Plan a series of OASIS-sponsored educational webinars for SCA (Open Action Item #0009)
                - Mark Little, Due Sep 28,
                - Sanjay will discuss with Education Day Presenters, Sep 18.

3. Plenary Week Final Planning

- Registration Process has reached 82.

- Only ~10 registrants will leave after Day One.
- Dee will attempt to provide Sanjay with TC attendance projections.
- Day One Presenters need the flexibility to cover experienced SCA delegates and a small number of new personnel.
- Introductory session (Mike/Sanjay) will poll audience.
- TC Chairs need to add Teleconference information to kavi pages; Graham will remind.
- Sanjay will send late-breaking guidance information (parking, etc.) to Dee as soon as practical.

4. Inter TC Coordination

- OASIS have not concluded their final guidance yet; proposals are in circulation.

- In the near future, the Steering Committee expect to commission two such sub-committees:
1) Technical, for communications between the TCs. Importantly, this is for communications, not issue resolution.

2) Process, to drive to common usage of infrastructure such as Issues Lists, Document Repositories, Wikis, etc.
- We expect the Process subcommittee to be commissioned as soon as OASIS guidance is received, BUT that will not be in time for the face-face meetings. The TC Chairs (Or their designees are expected to conduct such business in an informal collaborative manner during plenary week. A Tuesday lunch-time meeting was recommended.
- We expect the Technical Communications subcommittee to be commissioned at a much later date.

5. Any Other Business

- None.

6. Future SC Agenda Topics?

None offered.

7. Forthcoming Vacation information?

September 21st TC meeting conflicts with some travel plans after the Plenary Week; hence meeting is cancelled.

8. Confirmation of next Teleconference

There will not be an SC call on September 21st.

The next regular teleconference is at 9am PDT on Friday September 28th.


Meeting closed, 10.10am PDT.

Respectfully Submitted,
Graham Barber,


Graham J Barber,

Program Director, SOA Partnerships,
     Graham Barber@IBMGB
Internal:                                245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Yulia):          247672,                    +44 (0)1962 817672
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number 741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3AU

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]