OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

opencsa-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [opencsa-ms] Proposed - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Proposed Agenda - 11 July 2008

my apologies for missing today's meeting, I had some things come up just before the meeting that required my immediate attention.  please let me know if there is anything i need to do in follow up.

From: Mike Kaiser [mailto:mkaiser@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:46 PM
To: OpenCSA
Subject: [opencsa-ms] Proposed - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Proposed Agenda - 11 July 2008

DRAFT - OpenCSA Steering Committee (StC) Proposed Agenda - 11 July 2008 9:00 AM PST

0. Agenda bashing and Roll

0.1 Congratulations

        Welcome to the newly elected Steering Committee members

        Bob Freund - 2yr term
        Patrick Leonard - 1yr term


        CURRENT STEERING COMMITTEE (as of July 2nd, 2008)
        Steering Committee                         Next Election
         Member                        Affiliation          for Seat
        -------------------        -----------        -----------
        David Burke                TIBCO                May 2010
        Bob Freund                Hitachi                May 2010
        Mike Kaiser                IBM                        May 2010
        Patrick Leonard        Rogue Wave        May 2009
        Mark Little                Red Hat                May 2010
        Jeff Mischkinsky        Oracle                May 2009
        Sanjay Patil                SAP                        May 2009


1. Minutes Approval

        - 13 June 2008:

2. Open Action Item Review and Discussion

3. LSC Status:
        Discussion around what elements would be key for high level status reporting
        by LSC at next meeting.

        Do we want to delay this until the September meeting to accommodate
        schedules?  (i.e. what is availability of everyone for Aug 8th and
        Sep 12th)  

        Is limit of 5 minutes or less appropriate for each? (This means that we
        need to allocate about 40 minutes for the next Steering Committee agenda.)
        Else we need to call a special meeting to allot more time for initial
        presentation.  What would be good dates for to do this special meeting?

4. Election Activity
        Now that we have a full Steering Committee in place, we need to close on
        a plan for closing Steering Committee elected positions        by end of July.

        1.        Chair:                Re-election due by:         July 31, 2008
        2.        Vice-Chair:        Re-election due by:                July 31, 2008
        3.        Secretary:        Re-election due by:                July 31, 2008

        The Steering Committee Procedures indicate that these positions will be
        filled annually.  

        Send nominations to the Chair and Secretary by 11:59pm EST, Wed July 16th.
                Nominations will be for a) Chair b) Vice-Chair or b) Secretary
        If no majority is received.  Candidates with one vote or less are
        removed from the running.  If there is one candidate remaining that
        candidate is declared the winner.  If there are two or more candidates
        then those candidates will be put into a run-off.  This process will
        be repeated until one candidate is declared a winner.

        Chair will set up balloting to open Friday July 19th and close Monday,
          July 28th.  (Chair may delegate this to Secretary.)

        Run-off (if needed) will occur July 29th - Aug 4th.
        Second Run-off (if needed) will occur Aug 5th - Aug 7th.

        Elected positions will be in force August 1, 2008 through July 31, 2009.
5. Review of Steering Committee Operational Procedures

        This document must be reviewed for completeness and correctness a minimum
        of every 6 months.  The last approval date was in January 2008...so it's
        time to review, update and approve again.

        PROPOSAL: Discuss the suggested changes below, then circulate document
        for approval at next Steering Committee meeting (scheduled for
        August 8, 2008... i.e. 08/08/08 )

        Suggested Updates Include:

        1. Steering Committee Positions:
                Fix Steering Committee Positions to indicate that Voting will be
                done annually in July for all positions and candidates will take
                their seats during the first meeting in August (or next meeting
                thereafter).  Positions will be August 1 - July 31 on an annual

        2. Regular Teleconference Processes:
                #1 SC Teleconferences
                Mike suggests that the Call-in information be changed to simply
                indicate that call-in information will be provided on the OASIS
                calendar.  This allows for the eventuality that this call-in
                information changes for some reason over the life of the Steering
                Committee.  Or perhaps, add a note which says something to the
                effect... "this call-in information may change over time.  Readers
                are advised to consult the OASIS OpenCSA calendar for actual call-in

                #4 SC Minutes
                Currently the process states that draft minutes are produced
                within one working day by the SC Secretary.  I would like to suggest
                that this time be extended to 5 working days, if possible.  
                Normally this isn't a problem, but occasionally it is problematic.

                This section states that meeting attendance is tracked on the
                Calendar Entries for each SC meeting.  This requires the use of
                the OASIS attendance tracking...for which Mike does not have
                privileges/authority. Instead attendance tracking has been done
                as part of the minutes since mid-November of last year.  Perhaps
                we can change the wording to use either though, there seems to be
                no real need to track using Kavi (i.e. minutes are adequate).

        3. Inter-TC Coordination:
                Change name of SCA Inter-TC Liaison Subcommittee to OpenCSA TC Liaison
                SubCommittee per the updated charter approved in May of this year.
        4. Quarterly Reports to OASIS Board
                Suggest that we remove this section all-together since it is
                likely that the Process Committee will change this rule so that
                only Member Sections which are OASIS funded are bound by this


6. Any Other Business?

7. Future SC Agenda Topics?
        Mike to schedule the following topics for the August 08, 2008 meeting:

        *  Revisit of the F2F meeting on the Agenda for July/August timeframe.
                (from June 13, meeting)

        *  Final review and approval of Steering Committee Operational Procedure

        *  Steering Committee Position Election results.

        *  LSC TC Updates/Status

8. Next Meeting

           - The next regular teleconference is scheduled for August 08, 2008
                9:00am PST, 12:00pm EST, 5:00pm UK

        The Steering Committee meets the second Friday of each month throughout 2008.  

9. Adjourn


Proposed Agenda in .TXT Format

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]