Subject: scripting, odf2ps?

Hello,

I'd like to generate invoices using the OpenDocument format (because
it's cool, and I hope it has a future :-).  In a previous life I was
a programmer, mainly Perl and Oracle.

Questions:
1.  Can anyone recommend a favorite Language/API for scripting the
creation of these invoices?  They will include tables with borders,
some graphics, etc.  An existing method of templating documents would
be great.

2.  For actually printing the documents, are there any ODF to
postscript or PDF utilities, i.e. something I can pipe to lp?  (I'll
be developing on OS X.)

Thanks,
Phil Lawrence