Subject: RE: Authoritative Sources on Financial Calculations

Sheldon,

I have found a goldmine of the kind of "authoritative" sources I was looking
for.  I am embarrassed to report that my best resource was Wikipedia (where
I suppose I should have checked first) with regard to "financial
mathematics," "day count conventions" and "compound interest."  There are a
number of useful sources in the descriptions and references in those
articles.

I have also had considerable success with a search for "Standard Securities
Calculation Methods," some  of which refer to standards in various industry
groups and also a couple of authorities whose specifications have been
broadly adopted.  There is also some reference software that can be used for
test cases and comparison of other methods.

This is going to keep me very busy.  Some of the source materials are
irregular in their treatment and a few are quite comprehensive.  Those are
the ones I seek.

I suspect David Wheeler is aware of these, and I probably should have
consulted him first in any case.

The short document that you posted is also useful as an overview of
financial analysis for which good authoritative sources will also be
valuable.

 - Dennis