Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote on 06/19/2009 08:22:12 AM:

> Rob, I clearly identified my defect report that you respond to as
> *your* opportunity to demonstrate the efficacy of reporting interop
> failures resulting from spec weaknesses to vendors rather than to the
> ODF TC and invited you to prove me wrong by you reporting it to the TC
> along with a proposal to fix the relevant spec portions. But now you
> tell me to submit the defect report to the TC.
>
> Sounds to me like IBM just flunked that test. Instead of IBM acting on
> my interop defect report as you claim it works, you told me to report
> it to the ODF TC myself. No IBM report to the TC; no IBM proposal to
> fix the spec in relevant regard. Just another "don't bother me with
> interop defect reports" message from IBM, which is precisely the hole
> I pointed to in your advocacy for interop defect reports going to
> vendors rather than to the TC. .The  vendor interop failure reports
> and curative proposals to the TC don't happen. And you just provided
> further evidence of that. Thanks. :-)
>
> So tell me again why users should report interop failures to vendors
> rather than to the TC? You just gutted your own argument.

Paul, believe or not, I am not an IBM technical support representative. If
you want to report a defect against an IBM product, then do it via the
defined IBM support process.  For example, if you are talking about lotus
Symphony, then there are free support forums at http://symphony.lotus.com.
 However, if you want to report a comment on the ODF standard, then do so
via the defined OASIS public comment process.

Reporting defects to me on this list is never appropriate.  I don't give
random list trolls a higher level of service than I give paying IBM
customers.

-Rob