orms message

Subject: Draft Minutes of the 9-Jul-2008 ORMS concall/telecon

orms concall Wed Jul  9 14:05:58 PDT 2008

AI Summary
-----------

AI: PaulT will make changes to minutes of 2-Jul call and resend minutes to the
list [done 9-Jul thx]

AI: Daniella: pls provide pointers to public docs in english with respect to
(wrt) "vericite"

[AI? Corey to send links to IBM & SL & Lively stuff to list]  [done 9-Jul in
any case thx]

AI jh to send name of yet another multi-platform UML tool to list

AI jh to send pointer to SSTC & IETF document filename conventions to list
[done 16-Jul]

------------

 > 1. Call to order
 >   - Verify Minute Taker

=JeffH (jh) volunteers

 >   - Roll Call

duly performed by TonyN (tn)

<insert roll call results here>

tn: approve minutes from last week?

mani : name is spelled wrong -- not "manny". otherwise no obj.

no objections, hence...

=nat (ns): [points out a typo]

tn: [works thru typo]
   given the changes, any obj to approve minutes pending the two changes. <no obj>

AI: paul will make changes and resend minutes to the list

 > 2. Status Report and Discussion on Terminology Glossary creation

 >   -Stop by now and Move on to an Abstract Model creation discussion?

=JeffH (jh): never said "stop", just that term/gloss will "fall out" as result
of working thru use cases and analysis of various models, as we go forward

 >   -Or keep on researching? How?

[no discussion]

tn: any obj?  [none]

 > 3. Status Report and Discussion on Use Cases

jh: explains his fix for the misspelled old use case page
("UseCaseSimplefied"), and addition of "champion" column.

drummond reed (dr): [explains the second use case]

jh: [brings up notion wrt "web sso" being reasonably generic, hence would like
to see the use cases generalized to refer to other web sso approaches, not just
openid]

dorothy gellert (dg): agrees

drummond: agrees

tatsuki/nat: dont want anyone to think that what we were doing with those use
cases was/is necessarily bound to OpenID -- using openid was a matter of
convenience and reference point

corey leong (cl): notes that google's lively (beta) went online, plus there's
teleportation between 2nd Life and IBM Metaverse, and "they're" all working on
iop between virtual worlds, thus reputn conveyance betwn virt worlds will
indeed be of interest, sf the
SecondLife use cases in the http://wiki.oasis-open.org/orms/UseCaseSimplified
table.

[AI? Corey to send links to above stuff to list]

chris daly (cd): believes that there's [? missed it]

AI Daniella: pls provide pointers to public docs in english for vericite

 >   - Introduction and explanation of use cases posted on wiki

 >   - How to address Use Cases Document(one of deliverables in Charter)

 >   - What is required to start creating this document?

[some discussion of the use cases page on the ORMS TC Wiki..

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/orms/UseCaseSimplified

JH added "use case #" and "champion" columns to the table, PaulT (pt) entered
champions' names as we briefly discussed the table & usecases
]

 > 4. Status Report on a common UML tool

 >   - Decision of which tool we adopt

jh: mentions that there's yet another multi-platform, but not free
(unfortunately) tool out there, doesn't recall name right off..

AI jh to send name of yet another multi-platform UML tool to list

 > 5. Discussion on a model creation work

 >   - What will be required to start this?

 >     - Requirement document creation comes first?

 >   - A part of framework creation(one of deliverables in Charter)?

[some discussion here, topic largely punted at this time]

 > 5. Status Report on a document version control

 >    - The IETF filename convention

AI jh to send pointer to SSTC & IETF document filename conventions to list

 > 6. Other Business

 >    - F2F schedule update in September

ns will send dates that he'll be stateside to the list [done 9-Jul]

 >    - OASIS Symposium in September

[no remarks]