Subject: Re: Fw: [oslc-core] Proposal to remove Link header option from Resource Preview spec

> From: John Arwe/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
>
> > inverse property 'compacts' elsewhere
>
> If the context is RDF, replace with oslc:compact and flip
> subject/object.  If the context is not RDF, use Link header instead
> and flip the context/target URIs (5988 tells you how, look at anchor=)

Makes sense. I'll make the change.

> > The problem with Prefer is you can't discover whether there's a preview
> > before requesting it. If the resource is a large binary file, you'll get
> > the whole thing back if the server doesn't support preview.
>
> HEAD first if you're worried; Content-Length is not required so this is
> not iron-clad, but works often enough to be useful.  Content-Location
> and/or status code would be other useful but not iron-clad hints.

One nice aspect of Preference-Applied is you could see it in responses
to HEAD requests that have a Prefer header, although I don't think it's
a strong enough reason to make Preference-Applied a MUST in the preview
spec.

--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@us.ibm.com
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC