Subject: Re: [oslc-core] OSLC Core 3.0 - Overiew **PLEASE REVIEW by January 22nd**

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the feedback.  Comments are below.

> From: Arthur Ryman <ryman@ca.ibm.com>

> To: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
> Cc: "OASIS OSLC Core TC Discussion List" <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
> Date: 01/21/2015 11:40 AM
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] OSLC Core 3.0 - Overiew **PLEASE REVIEW by January 22nd**
> Sent by: <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> Steve,
>
> I read the draft and have some feedback. My only substantive comment is
> the same point that Martin Pain made on Section 3, Vocabularies. The
> sentence beginning "Domain specifications should simply be domain
> vocabularies and ontologies " needs improvement. I suggest the following
> rewording of the sentence:
>
> "Domain specifications should primarily consist of domain-specific
> vocabularies and resource shapes, leveraging protocol capabilities defined
> by W3C LDP. "

I updated this section with what Martin provided, with your input, and a few editorial things.  Let me know if the new text still needs work.

> I also noted the following minor grammatical issues:
>
> 2.1 Deprecated terms
> Current: "there was terminology used based that may longer be relevant"
> Suggestion: "|terminology was used that may no longer be relevant "

changed

> 3. Goals/Motivation
> Scenario-driven
> Current: "These are important not only for knowing the correct
> specification content"
> Suggestion: "These are important not only for knowing that the correct
> specification content "

changed

> Loose-coupling
> Current: "As a result, clients should be unaffected by any server
> application software or data model changes."
> Suggestion: "As a result, clients should be unaffected by any server
> application software or data model implementation changes."

changed, good improvement in clarity

> Capabilities
> Current: "Capabilities should be defined as independent as possible."
> Suggestion: "Capabilities should be defined to be as independent as
> possible. "

changed

> 4. Architecture
> Current: "...delete resources: which HTTP is the foundation for this [
> HTTP11]. "
> Suggestion: "...delete resources: HTTP [HTTP11] is the foundation for
> this"

changed (this was a slight change from Martin's)

> Current: "...web-scale data model: which Resource Description Framework
> (RDF) [rdf11-concepts] is the foundation for this. "
> Suggestion: "...web-scale data model: Resource Description Framework (RDF)
> [rdf11-concepts] is the foundation for this. "

change (same comment as above)

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/