Subject: RE: OSLC CORE TC Minutes March 15, 2018

Hi all,

I see a discussion on the Lyo & Lyo Designer capabilities when it comes to Clients.

If it helps, Here’s a quick overview of what is currently available:

Most client functionalities are actually quite well developed in the Client SDK library. It helps you with getting Catalogs, Service Providers, discover services, etc.

For this reason, the current Lyo Designer only produces a simple class that demonstrates how to connect to that Client library. (just to get a catalog). The rest should be relatively easy to do, so I could not motivate generating code for.

The pains in developing a Client, to which Lyo Designer has developed support is:

·         Producing the Java POJO resource classes that reflect your domain resources

·         Producing html/_javascript_ code for the Selection & Creation Dialogs. The code is embedded into the debugger pages of an adaptor, so one can understand how DelegatedUIs are meant to be integrated.

An idea: Swagger produces client code for REST services in many languages/platforms. Would it be valuable to produce a swagger specification of an OSLC server? From that, one can obtain the desired clients for any language.

A swagger documentation can be produced from the JAX-RS annotations, so maybe the step is not big to do this.

Regards

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@kth.se, www.kth.se