Subject: Re: Clarify GET on queryBase URI

Jim,

After thinking about this more, we might want to allow a server implementation to return an error. In the case where there might be a very large number of artifacts matching the RDF type of the query capability and the server does not support paging, it might be useful to report an error as a means of notifying a client that the result is likely to be very large and might overwhelm the server, the client, or both. I've submitted https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OSLCCORE-179 so we can discuss in a future OSLC Core TC meeting.

Best regards,
David

From:        Jim Amsden/Raleigh/IBM
To:        David Honey1/UK/Contr/IBM@IBMGB
Date:        27/08/2018 15:00
Subject:        Clarify GET on queryBase URI

David,
One more thing - the Query spec doesn't actually say what would be returned on a GET on the queryBase URI with now query parameters. This should be clarified in the spec.

Similarly, we should probably say what GET on a creation factory URI would mean.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575

Unless stated otherwise above: