pacr message

Subject: Re: OASIS PACR Technical Committee

Hi Dennis -

Also, when John asked if we should let others who had joined the TC know what the proposers are thinking, I suggested personal emails would be a better approach. Not to avoid the public record but rather to demonstrate appreciation for their interest in signing up.

You are correct that if the meeting does not reach minimum membership (5 eligible people and at least 2 OASIS organizational members represented) then the TC will be deemed to have failed to start. Also, if no chair is elected, the TC will fail to start. No one has stepped forward and nominated themselves in response to the call for nominations.

John and I will convene the meeting and, if minimum membership is achieved, I will start the process of electing a chair. And of course if someone does nominate themselves and if they are elected chair, then the TC will have started and can proceed.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Best,

/chet

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 12:53 PM, John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Dennis

I felt given the circumstances that a personal note from me to each of the registered members was a better route than a bland impersonal note to the TC list.  I'm sorry if you disagree with that approach.  It was not my intention to be private or hide anything or contravene the OASIS TC Process; it was just my wish to provide a personal explanation.

Your assessment of what needs to happen is correct so I hope we can achieve that and move on without undue delay.

Regards
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: 21 February 2013 16:55
To: pacr@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Mr. John Borras'; 'Chet Ensign'

I don't understand why this notification was sent directly to me and not made to the already-established PACR TC list, the one that eligible attendees to the inaugural meeting are already subscribed to as part of their membership.

I am aware of the concern that the name of the TC is not considered descriptive or inviting (there being only six members, including the convenor, at this very moment).  My only concern is withdrawal of the committee formation being carried out by private communication.

I have checked the OASIS Technical Committee Process, <https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process> effective 2013-02-14 and see that failure to have a Minimum Membership at the initial meeting will result in automatic closure of the TC.  I assume that is what the request to withdraw my membership is intended to accomplish.

I will consider that upon adequate discussion on this list prior to the inaugural meeting.

 - Dennis