pkcs11-comment message

Subject: Dealing with a 2% or 80% PKCS #11 market

I have had some discussion with people involved in PKCS #11.
As far as I know PKCS #11 isn't a part of Windows, Android or iOS.
That is, for 98% of all normal end-users PKCS #11 is irrelevant.

For HSMs OTOH the PKCS #11 market-share may be as high as 80%.

IMO, it doesn't make sense putting a lot of energy on a 2% market unless
it is about adding things that exist in the schemes used by the other 98%.

Anders