Subject: draft agenda for OASIS PCKS 11 TC face-to-face

Hi –

Here’s a first cut at a more detailed agenda for our first PKCS 11 TC meeting. Please let me know of any suggestions/issues/concerns. Note that I’ve suggested we end at 3 pm on Tuesday, rather than 4 pm.

You’ll see in the agenda that one of the work items is the appointment of TC officers: definitely chair-person or co-chairs, and possibly a TC secretary. If you are interested in one of these roles, please be prepared to submit your nomination in the meeting and to speak to your qualifications . As of now, Valerie Fenwick (Oracle) and I will be offering to take on the co-chair roles.

We’ll also need to appoint editors or co-editors for the PKCS 11 documents. As of now, the following individuals have expressed interest in being co-editors:

PKCS 11 Specification: Susan Gleeson (Oracle) and Simon McMahon (IBM; pending participation in the TC)

PKCS 11 Usage Guide: John Leiseboer (Quintessence Labs)

PKCS 11 Test Cases: tbd

PKCS 11 Profiles:  Tim Hudson

If you’re interested in taking on the role of editor or co-editor for one or more of the documents, please let me know. (My apologies if you have mentioned interest already and I haven’t captured it in this list!) And of course there is plenty of opportunity to contribute to the documents without being co-editor.

Finally, you’ll see below that I’ve suggested we spend time on Monday morning discussing how folks have used PKCS #11 to date, and on Monday afternoon discussing possible areas of extending PKCS #11, such as mobile. Please let me know if you’re interested in doing a short presentation regarding these or other topics during the face-to-face.

Thanks!

Bob

Monday 4-Mar-2013 (all times US Pacific Daylight Time)

8:30 to 9:00 - participant arrival at HP facility

9:00 to 10:30

welcome, roll call and determination of quorum

appointment of PKCS 11 TC officers (co-chairs, possibly secretary)

review and approval of draft agenda

acceptance of submissions to PKCS 11 TC

review of charter, including IP mode and deliverables

appointment of PKCS 11 document (co-)editors

10:30 to 10:45 -  break

10:45 to 12 – short presentations on current use of PKCS #11

-          Stef Walter (Red Hat)

-          Others tbd

12:00 to 1:00 - lunch

1:00 to 2:30 – short presentations on new opportunities for PKCS #11 (mobile, etc)

-          Mark Lambiase (SecureAuth)

-          Others tbd

2:30 to 2:45 - break

2:45 to 4:30 – identification / discussion of work items for PKCS #11

4:30 to 4:45 - break

4:45 to 5:00 - checkpoint/review and wrap-up Day 1

5:00 - adjourn

6:00 – dinner

Tuesday 5-Mar-2013

8:30 to 9:00 - participant arrival at HP facility

9:00 to 10:30

welcome, roll call

review of Day 1 decisions/issues

identification / discussion of work items for PKCS #11 (continued)

10:30 to 10:45 – break

10:45 to 12 - identification / discussion of work items for PKCS #11 (continued)

12:00 to 1:00 - lunch

1:00 to 2:30 – scoping/schedule for PKCS #11 releases

-          Near-term (target public review in Fall 2013)

-          Mid-term (18 month)

2:30 to 3:00 - checkpoint/review and wrap-up of face-to-face

3:00 - adjourn