Subject: RE: [pkcs11] RE: NIST Special Publication 800-38F

Quite right, we will always have legacy support issues surrounding existing mechanisms now shown to be flawed.  I guess my statement was directed more towards consideration of new mechanisms and functionality, but even then I guess my recommendation should be taken as more of a guideline rather than a rule?  Either way, point taken.  And in this case I think AEAD for key wrapping should be an acceptable mechanism choice.

Thanks,

Bob